Sunday, July 24, 2011

Odds and Ends



I got back from Mindo and now I’m in Quito for a few days before my next trip to a volcanic crater lake, Quilotoa. More about that later…

Now that I’m back home (J) I spend today just doing odds and ends. Went for a nice run at the Carolina Park. Did some laundry and cleaning. Today, Saturday there was a huge festival in the park, honoring street art. I thought that was very progressive of Quito. There were TONS of street performers getting recognized for their talents. (normally they just work for spare change at long traffic lights). Jugglers, hula-hoopers, jump-ropers, sword swalloers and drummers. It was awesome! Lots of music, art, performances. The people watching was incredible!

I checked out the reptile/amphibian house near the park. They have a nice collection of Amazonian snakes, lots of bright colors. I also got to hold the boa and got my photo taken. That was kind of fun.

Keep the nice notes coming! I miss you all.
Rachel

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I really love the photo of you with the boa. And it's such a perfect way for you to make this re-entry to Quito and Ecuador before the adventure-challenge of teaching begins. I love reading these posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing about your adventures! It sounds like you are having a great time. I can't wait to plan some projects with you for the school year! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Street art! How cool is that! Sometimes those people can be quite talented! I think you should change your profile pic to the new one with the boa!! (I think I would've stayed in Mindo!) ;) XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel -- be my friend on FB. I can't see your pictures!!! XXOO

    ReplyDelete