Thursday, July 14, 2011

La Llegada

Wow. I´m finally here. It was a marathon journey. DC had tremendous storms yesterday so I left late out of the airport. When I got to Bogota I had missed my connecting flight to Quito. But I got a nice hotel out of it. This morning, the flight was again delayed. Finally around noon I arrived to my new home in Quito. The apartment is beautiful. I spent most of the day walking around my new neighborhood. Checking out the fruit stand (I got some wonderful tropical fruits), the flower shop 25 roses for one dollar! and other fun stuff. I´m going to take my time unpacking. Poco a poco, I´ll make the apartment home. Ecuador has such lovely artisan crafts, I want to take advantage of that. Let´s see...what else can I say. I´m just so glad to finally be starting this new journey. It´s so exciting for me. Keep in touch!
Rachel

1 comment: