Monday, April 2, 2012

the BEACH

For Spring Break, I’m here at Hosteria Alandaluz in the province of Manabi. It’s best described as an eco-lodge right on the beach. I’m here with a few friends…we’ve got the whole wild, deserted beach to ourselves! It kind of reminds me of the California Pacific Coast in the US, with huge waves, rocky shoreline.

Working Ecuadorians get Thursday and Friday off work, so only lucky folks like teachers are off the whole week! In a bit I’ll post some photos on my facebook page. Anyway…the beach is about a 3 mile stretch of beautiful sand, pebbles and on either side of the three mile stretch the waves crash against the rocks. It’s increbilly beautiful.

The Hosteria itself is not in its hay day. I got recommendations from a friend to come here. It’s fine, but not the best place I’ve stayed. Seems they’ve come under new management recently. The electricity was on and off, the food was mediocre at best (meat and rice and bread), no hot water the first day, the swimming pools were dirty. But the positives…The layout itself is gorgeous. There are cabanas tucked away in the forest, there’s a beautifully constructed main room with wireless access, comfy couches, hammocks, the landscaping is beautiful with coastal tropical plants and flowers, bridges, lots of butterflies and tropical birds.


I’m heading back to Quito tomorrow to repack then it’s off to the Amazon for another jungle adventure. I won’t have internet access (obviously!) but will be blogging about my trip and will post that plus photos when I return.

No comments:

Post a Comment