Sunday, May 6, 2012

I must be pretty well settled in because I’m having a hard time thinking of new topics to write about on this blog! Not much seems “new” to me anymore and thus worth writing about…but in case you’re interested in the minutia of my daily life, here goes a quick post!

-I’m reading a really fascinating book called “Before You Know Kindness.” It’s an actual book, versus a Kindle version, I picked it up at a hostel on one of my weekends away.

-Marathon training is going steady. I have to remind myself to sloooooooooooow down. It’s not about going fast, it’s about going looooooong. I’m up to 16 miles, next weekend is 18. I’m fortunate to have found a core group of 4 women who are also training for marathons around the time of mine. Good conversation on long runs.

-“summer” is finally here in Quito. We’ve got the bright blue skies, beautiful views of the mountains and snow-capped volcanoes. We’re still getting tremendous afternoon downpours,  but at least it’s sunny during the day and not cloudy, gray and cold! Improves my mood greatly J

-My students are great! We just finished our global contributors unit…the kids chose a famous person to research, write a brief report then write a speech in the first person. Then they made costumes and props and we did a wax museum for parents and other students. Great learning going on!

-Hope you all are well and enjoying Spring!

Love,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment