Sunday, September 9, 2012

Back to School and Forest Fires


Hi Blog Readers

Whew! First week of school-DONE! The kids are great, but as always, out of the school routines after being away from school for a few months. The first few weeks of school are all about getting to know each other, establishing routines, etc. I’ve got 13 students from all over the world! We have representation from the USA, Argentina, Italy, Brazil, Ecuador, Bolivia, Venezuela, Mexico and Colombia. Quite a little U.N. So school is going well…

In other news…

The weather here has been so dry! There are forest fires burning up in the mountains around Quito. You can see the towers of smoke, helicopters flying over to put out the fires. I don’t think they were intentionally set, I think it’s just that there has been zero rain for months and months and the earth is parched (as is my skin!!!-if there was ever a place for Lubriderm lotion marketing, Quito in August and September would be the place!)

Que mas…life is good, I’m enjoying teaching and hanging out with friends and going for some good runs.

Let me know what you’re up to!

Love, Rachelita (as my uncle Catfish has grown fond of calling me J)

No comments:

Post a Comment