Sunday, March 18, 2012


So, just got done with 3 days of workshops. Wow, it was great! I’m definitely a lifelong learner, which I suppose is a great attribute to have in the teaching profession. So many cool ideas and great networking opportunities. We had workshops given by teachers working in International/American schools all over S. America. Venezuela, Bolivia, Chile, Argentina. Great diversity of views too which is refreshing. I was really proud of my school (even though I just got here) that we hosted the entire thing. (Next year is in Buenos Aires-maybe I can go J), so it was a pretty big deal. I’m invigorated by all the great ideas I was exposed to. It’s a great feeling.

Saint Patrick’s Day came and went here…no surprise as you could probably count the Irish descendents on one hand. ALthough with my students we did make green Swiss Chard omelets using the swiss chard that we grew in our class garden. It’s been really neat teaching through gardening, writing, scientific observations, measurement, using senses, the possibilities are endless!

Hmmm…what else? We’re continuing! Spring break is approaching J. The zoo trip got canceled…there’s lots of protests that have shut down major roads. Boo! Hopefully in April we’ll get to reschedule.

I think that’s about it. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment