Monday, June 18, 2012


Yes, we are STILL in school! The funny thing about there being no significant weather changes is that the kids’ behavior is not so raucous as I’m used to at the end of the year. Sure, kids are still anxious to be on break, but I feel that with the noticeable shift from Winter to Spring to Summer, bad behavior is through the roof (at least in my experiences!) So I have 9 and a half days (but who’s counting) with my little munchkins. When I lose my patience (as all of us do, some days especially at the end of the year) I remind myself that I want my kiddos to remember Ms. Rachel in a good way, right? No, certainly they will, I’m only joking J We’ve got some fun projects to keep them hooked till the bitter end. Meanwhile, I’m expected to pack up my classroom, while keeping the kids in their routines. I anticipate lots of movies those last few days as I have to return all the library books and pack up all the centers and manipulatives…as well as donate all the old school supplies.

In other news, I’m counting down the days for my parents and aunt and uncle to see my favorite spots. SO very excited for that.

I’m blogging from El Monte (one of the places we’ll hit in a few weeks) with a bunch of teachers from Cotopaxi. We all do yoga after school on Thursdays, so we’re doing an intense weekend of yoga, hiking, hot tubbing. Not a bad way to end the school year, huh?

And to all the daddies…happy father’s day! Especially to mine J Love, Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment