Saturday, January 14, 2012

Talkin about the weather

Everything’s going well here! School is rolling along, I’m settled in after Christmas break!

Some people say that when you don’t have anything to talk about, you talk about the weather…so that’s what I’m going to do!

It’s actually pretty much perfect weather here in Quito. The nights are chilly (mid 40’s) the days are warm (high 60’s, low 70’s). The air is very dry because we’re at such high altitude. The only problem I’ve been having with the weather is the rain! When I first got here, we had bright blue skies almost every day. But now that we’re in the rainy season, it’s been cloudy and rainy almost every day. This is a problem because I don’t have a car, so anywhere I want to go, I have to walk or take public transportation. Walking gets complicated in the rain! SO, I’ve decided that I can’t change the weather…I need to change my perspective. I’ve started bringing my mini umbrella everywhere, as well as my raincoat. Also, dry-wick pants and Keens. I just anticipate that I will get wet and deal with it! I’ve been walking in the rain for about a week now, and now it’s just something I do. Good change of perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment